http://newcitylex.com/wp-content/uploads/Advent-1-2018.jpg 795 1280 Mike Terry http://newcitylex.com/wp-content/uploads/logo.png Mike Terry2018-12-07 08:58:192018-12-07 08:58:19Advent Week One Devotional Questions
Let us, as a church family, reflect on these questions as we end the first week of Advent. Our prayer is that we, both as individuals and as a family, “prepare the way” in our hearts for Christ himself.
These questions are based off of Jordan’s sermon this past Sunday, which you can listen to here.
- What words or phrases would you use to describe the season of life you are in now?
- In what ways does our identity as an “exile” or “alien” appeal to you? What is itchy about it? Are there any areas that you do not feel like we separate from the world? Do you feel like you are “waiting” for another world to come?
- What in this coming season are you grateful for? How can this gratitude prepare your heart for Christ himself?
- What in this season are you longing for or desiring? In what ways can you invite Christ into this longing?
- What would it look like to “set up an altar” in this season of your life, just like Abraham “set up an altar” in the wilderness (Gen 12:7)
New City Teaching Team